Okavango: The Beating Heart of Botswana
Engage with nature on a whole new level. Gain unprecedented access to the wildlife in the jewel of Southern Africa: the Okavango Delta.
For spontaneous spirits who long to explore the great expanse of nature, where the lions rule the land
- Explore the wilderness like never before with one of Africa's most experienced guides, Lloyd Camp
- Watch the crowds of wildlife feast on lush vegetation after the rainy season, from the Mombo treeline to Lechwe Haven
- Engage with the big cats - lions, leopard, cheetahs – at a proximity beyond your wildest dreams
- Sleep under a 4,000-year-old Simbira Baobab tree and listen to the call of the lions nearby
- Glimpse an aerial view of rare antelopes over the Delta on a private helicopter ride
- Craft an African canoe with a local artist
- Indulge in the luxury of Sable Alley, Little Mombo Camp, King’s Pool and Little Vumbura
- Canoe up to an elephant herd as they drink at the riverbank
D1 Arrival at Little Mombo Camp * Sundowners at Old Trails Hippo Pools * Moremi Game Reserve
D2 Day trip to Simbira Baobab
D3 Moremi Game Reserve
D4 King’s Pool * Linyanti Concession
D5 Full-day drive via the Linyanti, Zib Lagoon, Savuti Channel and back home through the Mopane
D6 Motor boat on the Linyanti * Fishing on motorboat
D7 Little Vumbura * Traditional mokoro (dugouts) * Visit Vumbura North camp * Chopper flight over the Okavango Delta
All sample itineraries are designed to inspire and are customised on consultation.
Our favourite places to stay:
Sable Alley -Sable Alley is a complete rebuild of a favourite old bush camp. Overlooking a lagoon that’s connected to the Khwai and Sable Alley rivers, just a stone’s throw from the world-famous Moremi Game Reserve, this enviable location means the game literally comes to us.
Little Mombo Camp - the ultimate Botswana safari destination for small groups, has acquired a reputation as a bush hideaway for safari cognoscenti
King’s Pool - Nine luxuriously-appointed guest rooms provide an indulgent sanctuary between game drives and other activities, including sumptuous dinners on the camp’s colonial-style barge
Little Vumbura - This small, intimate camp embodies the best of the Okavango Delta, nestled beneath the trees of an ancient island forest