Embrace a land unspoiled by time as you delight in an authentic Sicilian experience; this is Italy at its best
For those looking to engage with art, architecture and history in the midst of a dramatic coastal landscape
- Take an exclusive peek into the artisanal laboratories, from wax modellers and weavers to tailors and puppet makers, that are rapidly disappearing from the world today
- Uncover secret recipes for the famous cannoli and other traditional Sicilian dishes with a team of local chefs
- Witness the Valley of the Temples come alive, as a local historian feeds your imagination with stories that cannot be learned from books
- Visit a local artist at his heritage Taormina home, unearthing the rich traditions of the volcanic town
- Connect with the local community at an antique winery, and eat a homemade lunch with our friends at the foot of Mount Etna
- Go behind the scenes of the ancient Greek city of Syracuse, including the UNESCO site Necropolis of Pantalica
D1 Arrival at Palermo * Grand Hotel Villa Igiea
D2 Palermo * Visit artisan laboratories * Cooking class * Grand Hotel Villa Igiea
D3 Agrigento * Valley of the Temples * Villa Athena
D4 Villa Romana del Casale * Taormina * Meet a local artist * Grand Hotel Timeo
D5 North Etna tour * Lunch in antique winery * Grand Hotel Timeo
D6 Syracuse * Ortigia Island * Algilà Ortigia Charme Hotel
All sample itineraries are designed to inspire and are customised on consultation.
Our favourite places to stay:
Villa Athena, Agrigento
The only 5-star hotel situated within the Archaeological Park of the Valley of the Temples, which UNESCO has declared a World Heritage Site, with an exclusive direct entrance.
Villa Athena is a place which transcends time and space, where nature art and beauty have been merging together for over 2,500 years in the presence of the gods. A Sicily dating back millennia can be found here.